Dental implants are the most effective way to replace missing teeth. If you are missing one or more teeth, you are not alone. Estimates show that 178 million Americans are missing at least one tooth. And 40 million Americans are missing all their teeth. In Vancouver, Washington, Dr. Mo Saleh is a highly trained implant dentist with decades of experience. He makes high-quality implants affordable.
What Is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth that mimics the structure of a natural tooth. Implant components include a root form, an abutment (connector), and a dental crown.
- Root form – A small titanium screw replaces your natural tooth’s roots
- Abutment – A connector on top of the root form supports a dental crown
- Crown – It attaches to the abutment and replaces the visible portion of your tooth from the gumline up
How Do Dental Implants Look?
Dental implants look like natural teeth. You cannot see the implant screw (artificial root) above your gumline when an implant is complete. And a dental crown looks like the white portion of a natural tooth. If you get an implant bridge or implant overdenture, it will look like natural teeth.
One implant and crown replace a single missing tooth
Two implants anchor a dental bridge and replace three missing teeth
Four implants replace a full arch of missing teeth
What Does the Cost of Dental Implants Include?
The cost of dental implants includes the following:
- Implant components
- Restoration with crowns, a bridge, or a denture
At the top of this web page, you can see an infographic comparing the average cost for a single dental implant vs. the cost at Vista Dental in Vancouver, WA. The cost of the actual dental implants is a fraction of the average fees charged by most dental offices. We use reputable FDA approved dental implants.
Dr. Saleh completes the 3-D CT scan, implant planning, surgery, and restoration in one location—his office. He saves you a trip to an oral surgeon or periodontist for the surgery.
When Are Dental Implants Used?
Dental implants can replace one or more missing teeth. They can support a dental crown, a bridge, or dentures.
- Crown – You can get an implant and crown to replace each missing tooth
- Implant bridge – If you have multiple missing teeth in a row, an implant bridge is a series of dental crowns joined at the sides and anchored by dental implants
- Implant overdenture – If all your teeth are missing, two or more dental implants can support and stabilize a denture. Read details about full-mouth dental implants
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are more reliable than other forms of tooth replacement for several reasons:
- Your jawbone fuses to them for maximum stability
- Unlike a partial denture, they do not need support from adjacent teeth
- They can anchor a dental bridge without tapering the tooth on either side of the missing one
- Implant-supported dentures won’t slip around or fall out
- Like tooth roots, they stimulate and preserve jawbone, which helps prevent bone shrinkage and facial sagging
- No other form of tooth replacement lasts longer than implants
- They look, feel, and function like natural teeth
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Dental implants work by placing artificial tooth roots in your jawbone. Dr. Saleh will place your implants in his office. You will not need a separate appointment with an oral surgeon. After a healing period, Dr. Saleh will attach crowns, an implant bridge, or an overdenture to the implants.
Review your medical and dental histories to ensure you are a candidate for implants. Most people qualify.
- Take a 3-D CT scan to create a model of your teeth, jawbone, and facial structure
- Use computer-guided tools to plan the best location for each implant
- Make a small incision for each implant
- Place the implants and secure them with stitches
- Attach temporary teeth to the implants (crowns, a bridge, or denture)
- Wait for your jawbone and implant to fuse and form a solid anchor
- Attach your natural-looking final crowns or dentures to the implants
Are Dental Implants Painful?
Your dental implant surgery will not be painful. Dr. Saleh will thoroughly numb your mouth to prevent you from feeling pain. Also, if you are anxious or want to increase your comfort, he can provide oral conscious sedation or IV sedation to help you remain calm and relaxed.
After implant surgery, you will feel some discomfort. Dr. Saleh will instruct you when to take pain relievers or anti-inflammatory medication to minimize your discomfort.
Are Dental Implants Safe?
Dental implants are safe when you get them from a dentist with advanced implant training who uses quality fixtures and does not take shortcuts. Placing cheap implant fixtures or taking shortcuts to save money can result in implant complications. Dr. Saleh uses FDA-approved titanium dental implants.
Using a computerized implant-placement simulator, Dr. Saleh provides precise diagnostics and predictable treatment outcomes. It allows a conservative surgical approach that minimizes healing and discomfort. Although he makes dental implants affordable, Dr. Saleh does not sacrifice quality.
Dr. Saleh has more than 20 years of dental implant experience. He received advanced training in implantology from highly respected dental education institutes, including:
- International Dental Implant Association
- Misch International Implant Institute
- Pikos Institute
His training and experience have helped him earn the following credentials:
- Diplomate at the American Dental Implant Association
- Diplomate at the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
Over the years, Dr. Saleh has accumulated knowledge and experience by treating the most complicated dental implant cases. Whether you need single or multiple implant placement, implant-supported dentures, or full-mouth restoration, you will receive highly competent, compassionate care.
How Do We Make Dental Implants Affordable in Vancouver, WA?
At Vista Dental, we are uniquely positioned to provide our patients with the most affordable dental implant options in Vancouver and the surrounding area.
We can provide our patients with the most affordable dental implants for these reasons:
- We use generic titanium dental implants from reputable FDA-approved manufacturers of common, proven, and implant designs. All dental implants are made from the same medical-grade titanium, either type V or type IV. Competition between implant manufacturers decreases implant costs. And we pass on the savings to our patients. As an example, generic and brand-name medications have the same active ingredients, but generic medications cost less.
- We have reduced our overhead by focusing on clinical cases. By eliminating dental insurance in our practice, we reduced our front office personnel overhead costs by 50%. We pass the savings on to you.