All-on-4® dental implants can change how your dentures feel and how you feel about your dentures. The technique increases your comfort and confidence with dentures and makes your smile look natural. Have dentists said you do not have enough bone volume for dental implants? There is hope. Dr. Mo Saleh of Vista Dental in Vancouver, Washington, offers All-on-4 dental implants—a life-changing alternative to traditional implant dentures.
What Are All-on-4 Dental Implants?
All-on-4 dental implants are implant-supported or implant-retained dentures. An arch of upper or lower replacement teeth fits securely onto four titanium implants or screws. The All-on-4 technique places four implants near your anterior (front) jawbone. Dr. Saleh places the rear implants at an angle up to 45 degrees to increase stability. You can receive implants without the need for bone grafting.
What Are the Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants?
The benefits of All-on-4 dental implants include:
No bone grafting
Even if you have begun to experience bone shrinkage from missing teeth, in most cases, All-on-4 allows you to get stable implants without bone grafting procedures. Angling the rear implants prepares a solid foundation for your replacement teeth.
During the healing period, your jawbone and implant fixtures will integrate. After Dr. Saleh attaches your denture to implants, the denture will not move. Your replacement teeth will function like natural teeth.
Improved eating experience
While traditional dentures cover the entire palate or roof of your mouth, All-on-4 dental implants have a horseshoe design that exposes the palate. You can enjoy tasting the varying flavors of food again.
More All-on-4 Benefits
The strong retention of All-on-4 dental implants helps you pronounce words clearly and speak with ease without clicking or popping noises. You can socialize without the embarrassing moments that removable complete dentures can cause.
Preservation of bone
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that stimulate and preserve the jawbone. The stimulation prevents bone shrinkage and facial sagging and helps you retain your facial appearance.
Better quality of life
Knowing that your dentures are always secure gives you the confidence to socialize, talk, sing, laugh, and enjoy life uninhibited by concerns about loose dentures.
What Is the All-on-4 Dental Implants Process?
The All-on-4 dental implants process has several phases, including consultation, planning, implant surgery, a healing period, and attaching your final denture teeth to the implants:
- CT scan
- Review your medical and dental histories
- Examination of jawbone quality and quantity
- Cancer screening
- Radiographic and clinical examination of any remaining teeth
- Explaining your treatment options
- Breakdown of the treatment costs
Dr. Saleh will use three-dimensional technology to identify the optimal locations for your implants.
After administering sedation to keep you comfortable throughout the procedure, Dr. Saleh will do the following:
- Apply a local anesthetic to numb your mouth
- Remove any remaining teeth
- Use computer-guided technology to make a small incision for each implant
- Place and tighten the implants precisely
- Suture your gum tissue around the implants
- Attach abutments (connectors) to support your replacement teeth
- Attach the replacement teeth, check your bite, and ensure your new teeth are comfortable
Even at this stage, you will be delighted to have a new smile with stable, natural-looking dentures.
More About the All-on-4 Process
You will only eat soft foods during the next three to four months. Dr. Saleh will give you detailed instructions to promote a smooth recovery and long-lasting All-on-4 dental implants. Leaving your implants undisturbed from the forces of biting and chewing helps your jawbone grow into the implant threads and lock them in place.
Final Replacement Teeth
After the healing period, Dr. Saleh will prepare your final smile with these steps:
- Expose the abutments (connectors) and allow time for your gums to settle around them
- Take impressions of your mouth to ensure your final denture fits perfectly
- Work with a dental lab to craft your custom denture
- Attach the denture teeth
Insist on Quality
Dr. Saleh will ensure you receive high-quality, long-lasting implants at competitive rates. He has advanced training in implantology and is a leader in the field, providing implants to the Portland and Vancouver communities since 2001. His credentials include:
- Mastership at the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Diplomate at the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Diplomate at the International Dental Implant Association
Our Patient Says…
“Dr. Saleh completely transformed my smile. He is a specialist in implants and cosmetic teeth restoration. I am very satisfied.” – Luba V.