Full-mouth dental implants give you a new, stable smile if all your teeth are missing or damaged severely. Dr. Mo Saleh of Vancouver, Washington offers affordable implant denture options, including snap-on dentures and the All-on-4® or All-on-6 procedure. Full-mouth dental implants can replace all your upper or lower missing teeth—or both. You can leave our office with a new smile.
What Are Full-Mouth Dental Implants?
Full-mouth dental implants are an entire arch of replacement teeth supported by dental implants surgically placed in your jawbone. You can choose this option if all your upper or lower teeth are missing and you want to stabilize your denture.
Types of Full-Mouth Dental Implants
Full-mouth dental implants are also called implant-supported dentures or implant overdentures. Dr. Saleh can stabilize your dentures with two to six dental implants. But your denture stability will increase with the number of implants you receive. And when implants support your denture, you do not have to worry about them resting on your gums or bone and irritating them.
A snap-on denture secures your denture with as few as two implants. It is the most affordable way to get full-mouth dental implants. Although two implants are not as stable as four, you will not have to worry about loose dentures.
Types of snap-on dentures
- Ball retained
- Bar retained
- Locator retained
Snap-on denture advantages
- Fits better and more comfortably
- Improves your ability to chew and speak with dentures
- Snaps on and off for daily cleaning
Fixed Implant Overdenture With Four to Six Implants
You can get four to six dental implants to secure your denture and increase stability. Fixed implant overdentures are non-removable. If you have worn dentures or had missing teeth for many years, you’ve probably also had some jawbone shrinkage. Dental implants require enough jawbone volume for support, so you may need bone grafting to support the implants.
Implant overdenture advantages
- Improves the function of your denture
- Helps you speak naturally
- Increases chewing efficiency so you can enjoy eating
- Stimulates jawbone and helps prevent shrinkage and facial collapse
All-on-4® and All-on-6 Dental Implants at Vista Dental in Vancouver, Wa
All-on-4 is a procedure that allows some patients to receive full-mouth dental implants without the need for bone grafting. With the All-on-4 technique, the front implants are vertical, and the back implants are angled up to 45 degrees. Other procedures require bone grafting and a healing period of about four months. Many patients who are unable to receive other types of dental implants are candidates for this treatment. See our All-on-4 dental implants page for details.
All-on-6 uses the same technique as All-on-4 dental implants, but six implants are placed instead of four to increase denture stability.
All-on-4 and All-on-6 Advantages
- No bone grafting required – Angled implants increase support for your denture, add stability, and avoid the need for bone grafting.
- Stimulate bone – When your teeth are missing, your jawbone shrinks, but implants stimulate the bone and help prevent shrinkage.
- Better function – Your denture will feel more like your natural teeth, making it easier to eat and speak.
- Saves time and money – Bone grafting requires additional surgery and about four months of healing before placing dental implants. All-on-4 eliminates the time and cost of bone grafting surgery.
- Same-day smile – After placing your implants, Dr. Saleh will attach temporary teeth to your dentures. You will leave our office with a new smile.
Are You a Candidate?
You might be a candidate for full-mouth dental implants if you wear complete dentures or are losing—or have already lost—an entire arch of teeth. Dr. Saleh will review your medical and dental histories to ensure you are a candidate.
What Is the Full-Mouth Dental Implants Process?
Dr. Saleh’s full-mouth dental implants process includes these steps:
- 3-D cone-beam CT scan – We use 3-D technology to capture an image of your teeth, bone, and oral anatomy for precise implant surgery.
- Computerized implant placement – Digital technology guides Dr. Saleh as he makes incisions and places your dental implants precisely.
- Healing process – Over the next three to four months, your jawbone and implants will fuse. Dr. Saleh will attach temporary dentures to your implants.
- Follow-up appointments – Checking your implants and surrounding tissue regularly ensures they are healthy and healing well.
- Make your permanent overdenture – Dr. Saleh will work with you to ensure you receive permanent teeth that fit and function well and give you an expressive smile.
- Attach your overdenture – After your implants heal, Dr. Saleh will attach your new denture.
Your smile will look and feel natural.
High-Quality, Affordable Full-Mouth Dental Implants
Although Dr. Saleh offers affordable full-mouth dental implants, your implant overdenture will be of the highest quality. Dr. Saleh is a leader in the field of dental implants and has provided implant solutions since 2001. He and his team have placed hundreds of dental implants. Also, his advanced training, experience, and skills have helped him adhere to high standards and earn the credentials below:
- Mastership at the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Diplomate at the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Diplomate at the American Dental Implant Association
How Long Do Full-Mouth Dental Implants Last?
The implant fixtures, or tiny screws, that secure your denture can last a lifetime. But you will need to replace the denture periodically.
Our Patient Says…
“Dr. Saleh completely transformed my smile. He is a specialist in implants and cosmetic teeth restoration. I am very satisfied.” – Luba V.