A dental implant is an artificial tooth root. After it fuses with your jawbone, it functions so well that you will forget that it is not your natural tooth. Implants outperform other types of tooth replacement, last longer, and logically cost more. So, what can you expect to pay for dental implants?
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
In the United States, the average cost for one dental implant—from start to finish—is $3,100 to $5,800. Prices vary throughout the United States and among dentists. Also, no implant cases are identical, so your cost may vary. What does the cost of getting a dental implant include? Let us explain.
What Does Cost of Dental Implants Include?
The cost of dental implants includes planning, surgery, implant fixtures, your prosthesis (artificial teeth), and other associated fees. Implant placement involves these fees:
- Comprehensive exam – Ensures your teeth, gums, and overall health will help make implants successful
- Three-dimensional, cone beam computed tomography scan – Reveals your oral anatomy and jawbone volume for placing and supporting implants
- Tooth removal – Prepares your mouth for implants by removing any severely decayed or damaged teeth
- Implant parts – Includes the artificial root and abutment, or connector for each implant
- Crown, bridge, or denture – Replaces the portion of your missing teeth above the gumline
- Bone graft surgery, if needed – Replaces bone volume if you have experienced bone shrinkage
- Implant surgery – Places the implant in your jawbone to support your replacement teeth
- Placing the temporary crown, bridge, or denture – Attaches temporary replacement teeth to the implant abutments, or connectors
- Follow-up visits – Ensures your implants, bone, and gums are healing correctly
- Placing the final implant crown, bridge, or denture – Attaches your final replacement teeth to the implants
How Long Will Your Dental Implants Last?
Your dental implants can last for decades if you choose an implant dentist or oral surgeon who adheres to high standards and uses high-quality implant fixtures. The American Academy of Implant Dentistry confirms that studies show implants have a 95 percent success rate when your dentist places them and your replacement teeth in the optimal position.
The lifespan of your dental implants also depends on how well you take care of them. Maintenance includes keeping your follow-up appointments and practicing good oral hygiene at home. Therefore, over time, the cost of dental implants is more affordable than other types of tooth replacement, which you must replace more often.
The average cost of a single dental implant and crown is $3,100 to $5,800. Your price will vary depending on your case, your location in the U.S., and your dentist’s fees.
At Vista Dental in Vancouver, Washington, Dr. Mo Saleh’s philosophy is to make dental implants more affordable and accessible to you. His fees are a fraction of the average cost in the U.S. See Dr. Saleh’s fee schedule for what you can expect to pay for dental implants.
Contact Vista Dental today to schedule a consultation if you are interested in affordable dental implants in the Vancouver, Washington area.